- Experience Needed:
More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time Work From Home
About the Job
We, at Octopods (https://octopods.io), are a small, sharp-focused and deliberate team.
We built Octopods to connect businesses using Intercom (Live Chat) to the most popular messaging channels (WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, etc) out there.
We started small, and we want to keep staying small, bootstrapped, and very profitable. But we do dream big, and we have plenty of big plans.
We want to tackle our next set of exciting challenges in the next years to come and this is where YOU come in the picture, we want your help for us to do so.
About the role,
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to join our small distributed team around different parts of Ireland, and Canada. Ideally, we are looking for a generalist, someone who can wear many hats, someone who is pragmatic, and most importantly, who thinks from first principles . We work remotely, and so this is a 100% remote role. You can choose to work anywhere you'd like having at least 5 hours overlap with GMT+0.
Here are a few pieces of work you might have a chance to work on,
- Building a docker infrastructure for our WhatsApp Business API offering.
- Implementing a connection with a new Channel (Facebook, Skype, Instagram, etc).
- Re-architecting our internal messaging pipeline.
- Building a new pipeline for ingesting and serving messages from different channels.
- Building Public APIs & Webhooks for our supported Channels.
- Build on Intercom APIs and Intercom Canvas Kit framework.
- And a few more equally exciting and challenging projects!
Your engineering skills are as important as your entrepreneurial skills to us. We value generalists who can take a problem from its most ambiguous state and deliver its end value to solve a real-world problem for our customers.
About pay & benefits,
- A salary of between 35,000 to 45,000 Egyptian Pound per month.
- 1 full-month yearly bonus.
- Reimbursing your monthly gym fee.
- Reimbursing your monthly internet bill.
- A new laptop and equipment that you will need.
- 100% remote, stress-free and friendly environment.
- You'll have the opportunity to have a massive impact due to our size and being an early stage.
More than 3 years
A little bit about what we think can be a good fit for us,
- You have worked extensively with Ruby on Rails in the last few years.
- You worked with relational databases before, and you can write raw SQL if you need to.
- You understand the value of writing tests, as an investment for the future.
- You have worked with any cloud provider, preferably AWS.
- You have worked with Docker, and preferably touched on AWS ECS.
- You have did your some share of DevOps work. The more the merrier.
- You write your code with empathy for your fellow Engineers, and for future readers.
- You have are self-driven, and can self-manage.
- You can write and communicate in English succinctly. You wrote technical plans before, we do write a lot.
- You love to take on complex problems, and you don't shy away from fixing issues.
- You have some remote experience, and you understand its challenges.
- You can take, and give feedback openly.
- You think of technology, not as an ideology but rather as means to push value into the world.
About this Company
We’re a simple, reliable way to connect Intercom to major social messaging channels.
See all Careers and Jobs at Octopods