- Experience Needed:
More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Due to Additional Student Enrollment and school expansion for the Academic year 2020/2021 The Nationals Schools of GEMS Egypt is looking for outstanding Teachers who are excited to join its team.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Deliver the required curriculum; demonstrating accurate and up to date knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Plan and deliver quality lessons to motivate students. Create and utilize appropriate materials and the classroom environment to cater for different learning styles.
- Show written evidence of planning and preparation on request. Establish and maintain records of curriculum and year plans, attendance, teaching resources, assessment plans etc.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Set and mark work. Assess, record and report on the academic development, progress and attainment of students and use assessment to ensure the curriculum meets the individual student’s needs.
- Display competence in using media and technology in the classroom.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of students and provide guidance to students on educational matters.
- Work alongside colleagues on the preparation and development of teaching materials, resources, courses of study and pastoral arrangements.
- Participate in, and lead where appropriate, the co-curricular and extra-curricular programmes in the school.
- Promote good working relationships through active leadership and sharing of ideas, materials and experiences.
- Monitor and supervise safe and appropriate student behavior. Plan and implement strategies to encourage self-discipline and manage disruptive behavior.
- Model and encourage cultural awareness and understanding and promote a love of learning.
- Communicate and meet with parents regularly promoting the GEMS philosophy and core values; keep parents regularly informed of students’ progress while respecting the confidentiality of student-related information
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
More than 3 years
About this Company
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000...
See all Careers and Jobs at GEMS Education