- Experience Needed:
- 10 to 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
H,S&E Policies and Procedures
- Review and develop health, safety & environment policies, procedures and guidance, in keeping with best practice and make recommendations on their implementation and application.
- Devises, develops and monitors effective Risk Assessment management strategies and makes recommendations on the implementation of these strategies
- Provides training for staff in relation to Health and Safety policies, practice and procedures.
- Develops procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and other irregular visitors to the staff comply with relevant legislation and Staff safety policies.
- Proposes, implement and monitor measures necessary to comply with HS&E legislation and codes of practice
- Carries out or arrange workplace safety audits and ensure that any remedial recommendations are implemented.
- Ensures that statutory requirements are being upheld throughout the organization.
Health and Safety
- Maintains accident statistics, analyses trends and propose and takes remedial action where necessary
- Investigates or arranges for all accidents and near-misses be investigated, prepares report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action. Where necessary prepares reports to the enforcing authority and corporate safety as required by the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
- Assists and supports Departments in the preparation of risk assessments. Monitors the availability and appropriateness of risk assessments and, where necessary, safes working practices.
- Maintains a register of First Aiders and ensures the adequate provision of first-aid and welfare facilities. Ensures all First Aiders are appropriately trained, and (subject to qualification) provides training to members of staff to enable them to become First Aiders.
- Liaises as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and provide assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- Manages and maintains the MSDS database, ensuring MSDS statements are available on all hazardous materials and that effective Risk Assessments are in place to manage the handling and use of such substances, all assessments to be reviewed annually.
- Ensures the implementation of the Staff Fire and Evacuation Procedure and monitors its effectiveness by undertaking fire evacuation drills on all sites at least twice per year.
- Be the catalyst for activity and commitment to environmental management
- Ensures, at minimum, legal compliance and reduce risk of non-compliance
- Identifies opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programmes
- Promotes and coordinate the integration of environmental management and sustainability issues into policies, rules, products, services and operations
- Assists the company to perform more efficiently and therefore more competitively, which in turn promotes environmental and social improvements.
- Manages and control the recycling and waste management procedures
- Provides technical support to the projects, and on building modifications that have environmental impacts and aspects.
- Promoting environmental best practice in energy use, waste reduction and sustainable development
10 to 15 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
Sierra is an experienced and professional manufacturer of valves. We provide probably the most comprehensive range of valves for the water, wastewater and irrigation industry in EGYPT. With a broad range of products, from butterfly valves, to check valves and automatic control...
See all Careers and Jobs at Sierra Engineering & Manufacturing