- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Public Policy - Operations, Middle East to support our growing business operations.
The Manager of Public Policy will be a highly visible position that will create, execute, and manage key public policy issues. Working with other Amazon leaders in the region, including in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt, the Manager of Public Policy will develop Amazon’s policy positions on transportation, workplace, and product compliance issues; engage with government officials; communicate with consultants and trade associations; and represent the company at conferences and meetings.
The position can be based in Cairo or Riyadh.
Focus and Deliverables
- Represent and advocate the company’s policy positions on issues affecting our customer fulfillment and operations network in the region.
- Help represent our investments and ongoing operations before governments while driving understanding of Amazon’s contribution to economies and communities in the region.
- Collaborate with Amazon's operations, transportation and real estate teams, along with legal, tax, HR, finance, public relations, and other business partners regarding operations initiatives, site expansion plans, and requirements.
- Develop and implement a public policy strategy that supports the growth of Amazon’s operations in the region.
- Identify, anticipate, and advise on political and legislative developments, risks, and opportunities.
- Organize dedicated site visits with politicians and policy makers.
- Work closely with the global public policy teams on political and legislative developments in the region and internationally.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
At least 5+ years of public policy experience with a keen working understanding of federal and/or local politics in the region, including legislative and regulatory policy process and the operations field. Strong skills in advocacy and using oral and written communications to persuade and inform are essential. Candidates will be able to demonstrate their experience through previous work within companies, consultancies, trade associations, the government, or equivalent organizations. An ability and desire to travel is required. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing successful partnerships with governments, as well as other public and private stakeholder groups.
- Significant experience in managing infrastructure and workforce policy issues for large scale projects.
- A strong network of political stakeholders in the region with a demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and political levels.
- An ability to anticipate emerging issues of importance to the company, communicating their impact to senior management, and developing a strategy to address them effectively.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to Amazon’s operations and persuasively communicate complex concepts and issues to external stakeholders
- An advanced degree in Politics, Law, or Economics with experience negotiating with public administrations.
- A demonstrated understanding of policy in the region regarding labor, transportation, logistics, and product compliance.
- A track record of effectively leveraging resources including internal teams, coalitions, associations, and other relevant organizations.
- The ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
About this Company
We connect people and products – opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars – we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
See all Careers and Jobs at Souq.com, An Amazon Company
Driven by smart technology,...