- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
13,000 to 14,380 EGP per month
About the Job
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body. We work to change lives by creating opportunities for people to learn and develop. We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications.
- Through our English and Exams work we aim to achieve more widespread and better quality teaching and learning of English worldwide and offer access to professional qualifications.
- Working with policymakers, government ministers, teachers and learners across the world we help millions of people to access English by supporting the teaching and learning of English in public education systems, and through self-access materials and courses. We teach learners and teachers of English face-to-face in dedicated teaching centres and online through a range of courses. Every year three million people take international exams with help from the British Council, gaining qualifications that can open doors at leading academic institutions and improve employment prospects.
The British Council Teaching Centre in Egypt is looking a full-time Senior Teacher, Adults to work in one of the Cairo branches.
The Role Purpose:
- To ensure the British Council maintains its reputation as the highest quality provider of English Language Teaching by providing effective support to the management of Egypt Adult products and services, making a contribution to the development and expansion of the Adult business. To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the teaching centre, and to ensure that British Council Egypt is an example of UK ELT best practice.
- Please refer to our Careers page, Middle East & North Africa, for further information about our teaching centres and the various opportunities available for teachers in the region - https://www.britishcouncil.org/jobs/careers/english/global-network/middle-east-north-africa
- The British Council is a full member of Keeping Children Safe (KCS) and has achieved level 1 child safe certification. We believe that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989 and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks including criminal record checks, in line with legal requirements.
- Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognizing discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.
- All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behavior is consistent with our policies.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. British Council appointments are contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and where appropriate systems exist overseas, these include Criminal Records checks.
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We are on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries, bringing international opportunity to life, every day.
See all Careers and Jobs at British Council
Egypt plays a major role in the BC’s ELT...