- Experience Needed:
More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Arabic, English, French, Turkish
About the Job
This position is a blend of engineering and build project management. Advises, consults and provides strategic delivery oversight, for the CAN MEA region, including plants, warehousing and farms. Scope of oversight includes: gap assessment, engineering solution identification and application, training and support, capital planning/project/portfolio management as well as best/leading practices governance and delivery.
Responsible for leading the strategic development, deployment and delivery of all base and non-base project management objectives requiring both functional engineering and technology domain area expertise application and oversight. Responsible for all project management activities, within the CAN MEA region, including project leadership, project planning, project execution, project control, and business results; for projects up to 5M$. Key member of the CAN MEA BOSC Leadership Team
CAPITAL PLANNING/ PROJECT/PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- Directs and/or oversees the development of the capital planning process for base and non-base capital projects. Advises/consults and provides deliberate input to the project pipeline/portfolio with ideas for capturing, monitoring and/or applying leading practices insight as well as to the growth of distinctive product/engineering/technology applications offerings.
- Ensures project objectives and scope are aligned with business strategy and technology governance practices.
- Directly leads and/or oversee progress for multiple projects with varying (low to high) level of complexity ensuring appropriate resources allocation and portfolio prioritization.
- Provides high level oversight and/or appropriately assigns delivery of scope of work, project objectives and design criteria, drawings, process documentation, equipment requirements, cost estimates, and appropriate scheduling.
- Partners with Procurement/Sourcing/Buyers to coordinate procurement activities to leverage resources and increase value captured. Conducts research and analysis requiring an advanced understanding of operations and business requirements as well as sourcing environment (i.e. suppliers, cost drivers, international market dynamics, geopolitical risk, import/export laws, etc).
ENGINEERING AND SUPPORT
- Responsible for leading the tactical development and delivery oversight of operational vision, direction and strategy for the different technology/engineering sub-domain areas within the CAN MEA business and provides direct customer support and delivery of services for the plants, farms and lab.
- May independently or in conjunction with shared services, network of SMEs organizations, leads the strategic delivery of engineering services for the CAN MEA region. Anticipates and plans for future engineering needs and conducts long-medium term horizon planning required for normal operations.
- Establishes strategic partnerships and influences stakeholder relationships to recommend and support completion of assignments as well as sets standards and procedures.
- Leverages/coordinates with global/regional network of core “Subject Matter Experts” (SMEs) that enables sustainability and
- promotion of strategic functional/operational programs and policies (QA inspections, capital effectiveness, reliability, Process, Systems and Controls, Process Development Groups, process safety management (PSM),etc).
- Directly/Indirectly leads strategic technical and engineering support required for normal operations as well as project engineering oversight/advanced support (i.e. preparation of scope, budgets, design flows/diagrams, commissions, start-up schedules, equipment selection, process documentation, instrumentations/controls, etc) to base and non-base capital projects.
- Proactively identifies potential safety risks and liability implications involved in specific areas of engineering application (i.e. operations, quality control, construction, maintenance, reliability, etc) and/or products/processes. Proactively identifies/troubleshoots most complex technical issues and may directly/indirectly resolve the most complex matters associated with the area(s) of work.
- Ensure establishment of strategic vendor management relationships. Acts as subject matter expert for, and may lead in conjunction with Strategic Sourcing, activities related to vendor selection.
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Agriculture/Fishing/Farming Food and Beverage Production
- Master degree in Science (Civil, Mechanical, Chemistry, Electrical, other) or similar through experience
- > 10 years experience in Engineering & Construction environments
- Proven knowledge of Portfolio and Project Management process for Build projects, including PPM and Build deliverables
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams, delegating and influencing others
- Ability to manage priorities and time
- Excellent communication skills (effective communicator with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across multiple functions & external parties)
- Good computer skills : MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience in operations activities will be preferred
- Few years experience in other technical functions (fe. Maintenance) will be preferred
- Language skills other than English : Arabic, French, Turkish will be a plus;
- International experience : proven ability to work with other cultures.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
About this Company
We bring food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world.
See all Careers and Jobs at Cargill
Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and...