- Experience Needed:
- More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Create an environment that supports creativity and innovation through the different Fab Labs.
- Work with the foundation manager and the Education Program Manager to develop and implement the plans to impact the short and long term goals of the Fab Labs.
- Develop business plans and budgets for the fab labs with the fab lab managers and present to the foundation manager for review and approval processing.
- Nominate and coordinate with the outreach leader, technical partners, third-party organizations and experts to support the continuous development of the FabLab services.
- Set action plans with the FabLab team, the foundation project coordinator and the foundation manager to manage, control and achieve the goals of the FabLab.
- Communicate with the Education Program Manager to develop training tracks and curricula for the neighbourhoods attracting the different segments of the community with the intention of building alumni networks.
- Review course material and delivery methodology with the assigned trainers.
- Work with the Outreach Leader and the foundation manager to implement outreach programs to market the FabLab activities.
- Set processes in coordination with the foundation team to ensure quality of work.
- Work with procurement to ensure that all technical specifications are met when acquiring new equipment.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance plans are set to ensure the efficiency of the machines.
- Ensure that the successes achieved in the local FabLab are mirrored in the FLoW and the Mini FabLabs programs.
- Review consolidated reports for the Fab Labs operations with the projects coordinator and submit to the foundation manager and the M&E specialist for assessing the success of the Labs.
- Join every opportunity to represent the Fab Labs in communities and events to promote the different activities and the learning and creating environment.
- Recruit and develop resources, trainers and volunteers to ensure the success of the training and services provided.
- Assign teams to their activities, supervise their work throughout the different projects and act as the second line support.
- Ensure that backup plans are in place for continuous efficient operation of the FabLabs.
- Set performance objectives for subordinates, measure and evaluate the performance of direct subordinates.
- Work with FabLab teams to document all training courses and development tracks material and ensure their availability for the trainees.
- Work on the continuous development of knowledge for the teams to ensure they are up to speed with the technological advances and trends.
- Continuously challenge and create a learning environment to ensure the FabLab sustainability.
More than 8 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services