- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Possess a thorough understanding of EHS Acts and subordinate legislation and codes of practice.
- Completion of risk assessments related to EHS hazards.
- Develop written EHS documentation (procedures, tools and training( in both English and local language
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Souq EHS Policies and Global Standards. Develop local site/regional EHS procedures and processes to meet Amazon Global Standards
- Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS procedures. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site EHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Lead and mentor EHS Ambassadors or H&S representatives in your assigned facility.
- Champion the site/regional EHS committee, and providing guidance and support for H&S representatives.
- Ensure site/regional leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their EHS responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Ensure contractor management safety processes are implemented.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
We connect people and products – opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars – we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
See all Careers and Jobs at Souq.com, An Amazon Company
Driven by smart technology,...