- Experience Needed:
- More than 6 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Category Lead to help create a best-in-class experience for the Home category. Responsibilities include managing the full scope of the category and vendor portfolio, building and sustaining strategic relationships with key global manufacturers and suppliers, improving the end-to-end Amazon customer experience, and helping to shape the evolution of how customers shop online for Home category.
We are looking for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and a proven record of driving category growth. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility and commitment, and the ability to hire and develop a high-performing team.
- Evaluates products and services to continually drive quality of customer experience.
- Aggregates and escalates industry trends; ensures team prioritizes customer obsession.
- Identifies opportunities to differentiate our customer experience from the competition.
- Develops and implements action plans based on deep-dive analysis of product line metrics.
- Provides recommendation on business opportunities and long-term strategy for multiple sub-categories.
- Vendor Management
- Expands current vendor selection and secures new brand selection.
- Focuses on strategic holdout or challenging vendors to increase selection.
- Drives strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line category growth.
- Builds long-term relationships by creating value, opportunities for growth, customer acquisition, and brand-building for multiple vendors.
- Increases vendor participation through deep knowledge of program opportunities.
- In-Stock Management
- Manage inventory availability and inventory health including: improved in-stock, inventory planning, vendor operational improvement (efficiency, fill rates, lead times), systematic forecasting, efficiency improvement with vendors and within the fulfillment centers.
- Drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and vendor management workflows.
- Business Operations
- Dives deep into inputs and understands the downstream impact of changes to pricing, selection, and convenience for multiple subcategories.
- Owns the Retail P&L for multiple subcategories; develops plans that drive revenue and margin improvement for the business.
- Audits all elements of multiple subcategory businesses.
- Identifies areas that need vendor attention and directs team to address issues; acts as escalation point, helping team and vendor(s) resolve conflicts.
- Creates long-term category solutions that automate or simplify category processes.
- Works with internal technical, cross-category, and tech teams to drive multi-system process changes.
- Team Development
- Holds team accountable for achieving business goals.
- Sets and articulates expectations around leadership behavior for team; models behavior that exemplifies the leadership principles.
- Effectively coaches and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development.
- Implements Amazon’s best recruiting practices and continuously raises the bar for hiring.
More than 6 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
We connect people and products – opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars – we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
See all Careers and Jobs at Souq.com, An Amazon Company
Driven by smart technology,...