This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Eid bonus, transportation allowance
About the Job
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action (Nursery, laboratory, midwifery, anesthesiology) and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her specialty, i.e. perform as a nurse, midwife, labtech, triage and dispenser, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy, Lab, OPD, Sterilization, vaccination and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure timely inventory and orders made for the OPD/clinic Stationeries/paper prints and distributed equally to all the clinic consultation rooms. Equally assisting the file room in following up of the file from the clinicians for archiving.
- Cooperate with the security guards and other medical department to facilitate the smooth flow of patients in the clinic to make the service more efficient and successful according to MSF plans.
- Ensure that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained (both internal and external trainings are done according to MSF plan and protocols). Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service list item.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- And any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respect medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Maintain high standard of infection control rules in the sterilization room in accordance to MSF protocols.
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participation in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock taking of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.
- Overlook chain of supply from log and pharmacy by informing the supervisor on items running low and general organization of the store rooms and consultation rooms
- Dispensing medication as prescribed by MDs and give patient counseling.
- Perform quick medical screening and assessment to new patients and existing patients on medical or psychological problems and initiate medical care according to the triage category; and inform the clinician on timely manner.
- Prioritizes & sorts emergency patients received at the front office and passes them through to the MDT responsible for emergencies.
- Increase efficiency of triage process in order to reduce the waiting time for emergency patients by identifying emergency patients and directing them to the MDT responsible.
- Help to establish and implement client flow with the receptionists and medical team.
- Accompanying patient to referral hospital as requested by referring medical case management through the supervisor.
- Assists with emergency procedures/first aid when needed.
- Assists doctors with procedures and patient physical examination in the emergency and or consultation room.
- Collects and perform patients' lab tests, vital signs and documentation of the same in the patients file.
- Responsible for the emergency rooms medical equipment and updating the emergency trolley every Thursday or when requested by the supervisor/Medical Activity Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the line manager.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
- Specialty (nurse, labtech, midwife or anesthetist) degree essential.
- Essential 3 years of previous experience having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Mission and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results oriented
- Stress management
- Application deadline is: @ 6pm December 9th, 2018 - Only short listed candidates will be contacted
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres