- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Freelance / Project
About the Job
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is implementing USAID funded Literate Village program in 2,150 villages in the governorates of Sohag, Behira and Assuit. The main purpose of Literate Village is to ensure that women and primary school aged children in targeted villages possess the necessary literacy skills for continuous learning and self-improvement. This will be achieved by improving the quality of reading instruction for rural primary school aged children; and increasing rural mothers' ability to contribute to their children's primary education. Under the supervision of the Governorate Coordinator the Officer will engage in the project planning and oversees day-to-day implementation, provides technical support to partner local NGO and CDAs as well as local government staff from MoE directorate level,. S/he will and document project related information on best practices and lessons learned.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Governorate Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: n/a
Field working and Travel: Post holder is expected to spend at minimum 80 % of his/her time in the field
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide technical support to the program interventions and working closely with stakeholders at all directorate and district levels to ensure achieving planned results and sustainability of program interventions.
- Provides a day-to-day technical support (coaching, mentoring) and capacity building to project staff of the implementing local NGO and CDAs partner/s.
- Conducts regular field visits to the community schools and monitors activities to ensure delivering services with quality.
- Supports in preparing project implementation plans and assists the implementing partner (NGOs and CDAs) in planning process and provides progress reports
- Conducts regular follow-up and monitoring of the project to ensure proper and efficient implementation.
- Identifies critical issues in the implementation of the project and together with local implementing NGOs and CDA partners’ staff, takes the necessary actions to address challenges in the field;
- Strongly engages in the selection and follow up of target groups from women and primary school aged children in targeted villages.
- Working with the NGO staff to support them in working with different Education Departments at the governorate and district level on community school’s literacy issues.
- Governorate Coordinator to ensure technical approaches adopted through the community school literacy component are gender- and disability-inclusive
- Coordinate with the other officers to ensure an effective and integrated approach is functional.
- Ensure the integration of activities with adult literacy program activities to ensure the alignment of learning objectives for children and mothers.
- Support the Governorate Coordinator and the M&E team to ensure that results are effectively communicated, and lessons learned are incorporated into program
- Provides support to the Governorate Coordinator to facilitate visits at field level
- Actively participates and contributes in the facilitation of workshops, trainings and project agreement signing processes at field level.
- Undertakes other tasks to be assigned by the Governorate Coordinator.
- Ensures mainstreaming of the SCI’s child safeguarding policy in all the project activities.
INTERNATIONAL EGYPT ROLE PROFILE
Budget Management Support
- Together with the implementing partner staff, prepares annual and quarterly project budgets, clear and detail implementation pla
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Education, Political Science, Economics, Sociology or Social Work, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in community school education and addressing illiteracy issues and preferably 3 years with INGO
- Excellent knowledge of the local institutions and stakeholders in the area of Education.
- Excellent knowledge of the education policies with a focus on community schools, challenges and context in local level
- Highly developed facilitation, capacity building and documentation skills.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- A high level of written and spoken Arabic, English is preferred
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SCI. In particular, a good understanding of the SCI mandate
- Commitment to Save the Children’s values.
About this Company
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Egypt and around the world, we work every day to give boys and girls a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always...
See all Careers and Jobs at Save the Children