- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Reports to the superintendent
Supervises all school personnel directly and indirectly
- Purpose: To serve as the chief administrator of a school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each staff member.
- General planning: conceptualizes the broad goals of the school and plans accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are implemented to carry out the total school program.
- General coordination: ensure that the school program is compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of the school system.
- The principal defines the responsibilities and accountability of staff members and develops plans for interpreting the school program to the community.
- Enhancement of personal skills: provides activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
- School objectives: identifies the annual objectives for the instructional, extracurricular, and athletic programs of the school.
- Curriculum objectives: ensure that instructional objectives for a given subject and classroom are developed, and involves the faculty and others in the development of specific curricular to meet the needs of the school program
- The principal provides opportunities for staff participation in the school program.
- Establish formal work relationships: evaluates student progress in the instructional program by means that include the maintaining of up-to-date student data. The principal supervises and appraises the performance of the school staff. Facilitates Organizational Efficiency: maintains inter-school system communication and seeks assistance from central office staff to improve performance
- The principal maintains good relationships with students staff and parents.T he principal complies with established lines of authority.
- New staff and students: orients and assists new staff and new students and provides opportunities for their input in the school program.Community: encourage the use of community resources, cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school program for the community, and maintains communication with community members.
- Supplies and Equipment: manages, directs and maintains records on the materials, supplies, and equipment which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine. The principle involves the staff in determining priorities for instructional purposes.
- Services: organize, oversee and provide support to the various services, supplies, materials, and equipment provided to carry out the school program. The principal makes use of community resources.