- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Work From Home
10,000 to 20,000 EGP per month, Bonus On Performance
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
SMARTELLA is an eLearning startup based in the UK with a remote team in Egypt. Smartella is looking for a team leader with entrepreneurial skills to help in planning and directing the operations of the team. This position is remote (work from home) fulltime.
The team leader will report directly to the CEO and is expected to help in planning and directing most of the operations of the company including recruitment, marketing, project management, and planning, etc.
- Manage, monitor and control software development activities including the analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, and the delivery of the solutions.
- Delegates tasks and accountabilities.
- Supervises staff.
- Leading a team of up to 10 employees [Project Managers, Developers, QC, Technical support, Graphic designers, and technical writers, marketing and sales] in multiple projects.
- Reports projects status to the CEO.
- Define targets and objectives for the team according to specific tasks, requirements and company business strategies.
- Maintains and develops technology partner's relations.
- Relevant experience in web development and/or eLearning.
- Familiarity with elearning courses production process, LMSs, software development process.
- Familiarity with PHP, JS, Wordpress, Moodle, SaaS, Cloud computing.
- Quick learner (training will be provided)
- Good leadership skills
- Time-management and project management skills.
- Comfortable developing innovative business ideas.
- Good decision-making skills.
- EXCELLENT English skills (reading, writing and speaking)
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Nice attitude
- Good attention to details
Smartella will provide the following training:
- Working Remotely
- Technical courses to skill up in related skills
Benefits of working with Smartella
- The opportunity to join the team in the UK.
- Career progression: we help you to get prepared for your promotion and your next role.
- Challenge: we provide some interesting and challenging tasks.
- Wider impact: we are committed to making the world a better place by wide spreading online education and saving the world from boring eLearning.
- The luxury of working from anywhere (home, café, library, beach, workspace) even with your pyjamas!
- Flexible working hours. Well, very flexible.
- A monthly bonus (depends on performance).
- State-of-the-art training to foster your skills and to acquire new skills
- 21 days paid holidays + all the official holidays in Egypt
- Enhancing your English skills.
- Working with the latest technologies for clients from the UK, the US, and Canada.
What NOT to expect in this job
As this is a remote job, we had some rare chances were the candidates expected that they would be able to do this remote job on the side of their current job, other tasks, or freelance work. This is not the case. Smartella uses some tracking tools to track your duties and working times and have zero tolerance to doing other tasks during your employment with Smartella. If you have this in mind, please don’t apply to this job
Please provide your DETAILED answers to the questions to be considered. Your answers will be used to evaluate your English skills as well. We apologise for not being able to consider any applications with no detailed answers.
About this Company
SMARTELLA is an agile eLearning company based in the UK with a team in Egypt working remotely (from home). Smartella creates top-notch eLearning modules for clients such as Jaguar Land Rover. Smartella provide online learning platforms and manage websites (wordpress) and learning management systems.
See all Careers and Jobs at SMARTELLA