- Experience Needed:
- 4 to 6 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Project Description:The Project Officer will provide mid-level project activity support to the Egypt field office. Job Responsibilities:
- Remain informed and updated on all election related developments.
- Work with other staff members to ensure timely execution of project activities within the allocated budget and support specific project activities as needed;
- Ensure progress and documentation of on-going and completed activities, major project developments and issues, as well as challenges for immediate management attention;
- In coordination with HQ and IFES/Egypt staff, support the development of IFES work plans, performance monitoring plans, as well as all project-reporting requirements.
- Support technical specialists with coordination and development of briefing/training documents and materials for programmatic activities;
- Represent IFES as required in external meetings and maintain good relationships with key local and international electoral stakeholders;
- Provide required support to and coordination with civil society partners, government institutions, research centers, and the judiciary.
- Participate in handling procurement actions related to programmatic activities. This includes drafting of programmatic RFQs/RFPs, scopes of work, as well as selection memos of vendors.
- Participate in delivering training sessions as necessary.
- Communicate with vendors on programmatic related activities. This includes hotels for carrying out workshops, vendors providing programmatic services, as well as technical consultants working on programmatic activities.
- Provide ad hoc translation/interpretation and assist in editing/reviewing project material; English/Arabic and Arabic/English;
- In-country travel as necessary to monitor IFES events;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
4 to 6 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens' right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to promote sustainable democracy.
See all Careers and Jobs at The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)