- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 2 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
About the Job:
Daily tasks would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution; monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
- Perform daily SAN Storage operational tasks, LUN/Space provisioning, monitoring, troubleshoot issues (e.g. latency, etc…), and initiate corrective actions.
- Complete routine tasks and troubleshoot the infrastructure under support.
- Perform problem management and incident correlation on re-occurring issues; suggest and document workarounds and solutions
- Collaborate with other members of the senior team on troubleshooting issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties:
- Create and provide reports for backup and storage environments and related activities and tasks.
- Create and update documentation for storage and backup environments.
- Work with customers on projects in order to create supportable solutions that meet both the customer and efinance requirements.
- Research and identify industry trends in the storage and backup space, leveraging new ideas to improve the service design and support for the customer.
- Work with customers or efinance's professional services team to accept any new implementations into the management life c
- 2+ years’ experience in storage and backup related jobs
- Graduate degree in computer science is preferred.
- Valid product certifications in technologies listed below would be a major asset.
Technologies / Knowledge
- knowledge on backup software technologies. TSM, Commvault or Netbackup are preferred.
- knowledge on storage hardware technologies; IBM, EMC or HP are preferred.
- knowledge of SAN fabric technologies. Brocade or Cisco MDS are preferred.
- knowledge of iSCSI and Fiber Channel infrastructure.
- knowledge of overall backup and storage design and related issues.
- knowledge of disk or tape based backup hardware.
Professional / Cognitive skills
- Strong written and oral communication in English is a must. Strong presentation skills are considered an asset.
- Strong and proven troubleshooting ability in a fast-paced operations environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage time to support multiple high-priority objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to manage clients and management expectations, keeping all stakeholders informed about projects and / or incidents.
- Ability to adjust plans to respond to changing business priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team sharing ideas and gaining consensus on a proper solution
- Effective and personable communication with customers and vendors to achieve desired results.
- Reliability and commitment to getting the job done (including after hours as required).
About this Company
e-finance provides state of the art Electronic Payment Solutions and Business Integration & Optimization services to the government and financial sectors in a secure environment according to the international security standards.
See all Careers and Jobs at e-finance
e-finance is the First and Largest...