- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Maintaining the availability of the applications, databases, operating systems and cloud infrastructure/virtual infrastructure.
- Creation & cloning of the servers and applications according to the capacity plans that fulfill the business needs including any configuration activity required including but not limited to network, storage, CPUs, memory.
- Configuration, management and maintenance of the applications, databases, operating systems and cloud in terms of networks, storage, user management & security.
- Patching or upgrade of the virtual environments in scope including applications, operating systems and cloud infrastructure/virtual infrastructure.
- Performing all housekeeping activities across the whole environments in scope (e.g. backup & restore).
- Performing all possible technical troubleshooting steps across the whole service (cloud infrastructure, virtual machines, mobile platforms and back end systems) to identify and solve the issues and fulfill service requests.
- Perform any regular deployment activities for middleware enhancements and new releases.
- Developing scripts to automate system activities.
- Creation and configuration of automated alarms generated by the event management systems.
- Utilizing the existing team applications and tools (knowledge base, Documentation database) to solve the issues.
- Ensure that the technical solution and root cause are clear and logic.
- Prioritizing and managing several open cases at one time based on agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure that all incidents are solved within the agreed SLA
- Update the technical documentation and the team knowledge base.
3 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Services Telecommunications
Qualification / Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering / computer science or related discipline
- 3-5 years IT Support, system administration, database administration and cloud administration experience
- Experience in AWS EC2 Cloud, Elastic load balancers, Elastic IP’s, S3, VPC, Identify Access Management and Security Groups.
- Experience in CloudWatch.
- Experience in RDS SQL Server administration.
- Experience in Redhat Enterprise 7.
- Knowledge of Windows server 2008.
- Knowledge of Route53 and CloudFormation is desirable.
- Knowledge of Security techniques and technologies.
- Development skills using (shell scripting, PERL, etc..)
- ITIL Foundation certification is a plus.
- Application deployment management and risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of Application performance & monitoring tools such as AppDynamics would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Willing to work on shift basis and On-call.
- Confident negotiation and online documentation (throughout the negotiation) in English.
About this Company
Since inception in 1998, Vodafone Egypt has grown over the years to become the leading mobile operator in Egypt, not only in revenue share but also the number 1 mobile operator with the largest customer base.
See all Careers and Jobs at Vodafone
Vodafone currently serves more than 40 million...