- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, 50% Profit Share After 6 Months
About the Job
Join us as part of a self-organizing team building high quality software for our clients. If you are not a full-stack developer, be prepared to become one - we pair-program and focus on the current bottleneck - because our definition of success is deployed software - not just code that is checked in.
- Which tech stack will you be using? It depends on the project. You may find yourself on a JS/NodeJS stack on one project, Java/JEE on another, and Python/Django on a third one.
- Be prepared to learn. To survive and thrive in our field, we will always be learning bleeding edge techniques and technologies. Our current methodology is Kanban - and not just the task board - but self-organizing teams, limited WIP, TDD (test first, not the pretend stuff everyone else does), and BDD. And our current field of growth is data science - but that's only today. Tomorrow it will change. Think blockchain, machine learning, and whatever comes next.
- As a senior developer you will participate in the entire life-cycle as needed, build great code, and mentor others.
- If you want to be challenged. If you want to build great software AND continue to invest in your career growth, come join us.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Computer Software Consulting Services E-Learning
We are looking for passionate and talented engineers who are just starting their career. We approach things a little differently at Fikr. We primarily care about:
- Ability to guide and mentor others. This is different from breaking up tasks and assigning them and following up.
- At this point in your career you should have a deep understanding of the languages and frameworks you use. Do you deeply understand them or only use them as tools?
- You don't have to know it all - nor do we expect you. What we do want is for you to be willing and able to pick up new technologies, techniques, and design and architecture approaches.
- Passion - Do you LOVE writing code and building software? Do you find yourself starting something, getting into it, and then looking up and finding hours have passed? We care, no we LOVE, our work. There is nothing quite like being a part of a team that creates an innovative piece of software that makes people awesome.
- Pride - Do you care about the quality of your work? We do. We are proud of the quality of our code and use innovative techniques to give our developers space to do a great job. Developers use TDD (true TDD not the mediocre unit testing afterwards) to build great code. And they work together to using BDD to automate system testing as well.
About this Company
Fikr makes people awesome by building great software for our clients around the world.
See all Careers and Jobs at Fikr Labs
We do this by hiring great people, giving them the freedom to use their talents in building the software without insane and false deadlines, and investing in their...