Skills And Tools:
Sukuk are fixed income instrument like conventional bonds. However, its implemented in shariah compliant transaction through Islamic contract. Although its implemented through shariah contract, the there are many violations in the shariah transactions that may lead to turning the Islamic bond into a conventional one.
Our rule in sukuk desk is to read and understand the shariah contracts and track the violations (If any) through answering set of Questions.
- Conducts extensive sukuk research
- Assists superiors in support cases
- Exhibits sufficient shariah knowledge in order to complete assignments under guidance of superiors
- Stays updated on technical matters and applies acquired knowledge appropriately
- Supporting index team in certain tasks including (daily prices upload, Factsheet data document, expected inclusion and exclusion and testing indices at recalculation)
- Responsible for daily database update including but not limited to (Announced, Matured, Rating update, updating outstanding amount....etc)
- Communicating with external parties to acquire any missing information. Ex Banks, shariah boards.
- 1-2 year of experience
- Excellent command of English and Arabic both written and verbal
- High communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to Read, Analyze long Reports
- Writing skills