Skills And Tools:
Curriculum: Leading multiple educational institutions and programs in the planning, development, and implementation of strong curricular programs for the English language subject, through but not limited to:
- Preparing curriculum plans and materials such as books, booklets, question banks, PowerPoints, videos, resources, quizzes, sheets, projects, and assessments
- Following up with curriculum implementation and the achievement of key benchmarks through but not limited to: classroom observation; review of student artifacts such as classwork, homework, projects, and assessments; and analyzing assessment results.
- Suggesting, planning, preparing, organizing, and executing subject-specific events and activities that foster the curriculum program in coordination with the different educational institutions and programs.
- Setting the grading policy/distribution for each educational institution and program and ensuring that it is well enacted.
- Keeping a portfolio of curricular artifacts for each educational institution and program
- Conducting a periodic evaluation of curriculum and accordingly refining it.
- Participating in the curriculum accreditation process for the different educational institutions and programs. And continually refining the program to ensure its abiding by updated accreditation agency standards and directives.
Teachers & Instruction: Leading multiple educational institutions and programs in the recruitment, hiring, selection, induction, training, and evaluation of English teachers
- Following up with current and projected hiring needs for the different educational institutions and programs
- Leading the recruitment of needed staff, through but not limited to attending recruitment fairs, developing promotional materials, etc.
- Leading the teacher selection process, preparing needed exams, interview questions, and demo lesson requirements, etc. in collaboration with the different educational institutions and programs.
- Preparing introductory trainings to familiarize prospective teachers with the curriculum, and general and subject-specific teaching methodology.
- Setting an enacting processes and procedures for following up with teachers’ performance, that would likely include conducting classroom visits routinely to improve teachers' teaching practice, and accordingly providing constructive feedback and support.
- Organizing in person or online professional development workshops tailored to teachers’ needs.
- Recommending, organizing, as well as attending external trainings, and conferences, and accordingly applying learned practices in the educational institutions and programs.
- Setting and implementing a fair, impartial, evidence based, and holistic evaluation of all staff under your responsibility
- Communicating with the different educational institutions and programs their overall judgment of the staff and when relevant recommending staff promotion, change in job roles, or employment termination.
- Suggesting and organizing initiatives, meetings, events, and ceremonies that promote a positive relationship amongst the staff and a culture and climate of responsibility, commitment, respect, collaboration, shared decision making, mutual motivation, preparation, continuous improvement, and high expectations for all students and all subjects
Students & Parents:
- Leading the development and implementation of student admissions processes and assessments
- Analyzing students’ progress and accordingly leading the provision of tailored intervention/ support/ tutoring to students.
- Planning, preparing, organization, and implementing of subjected related sessions in orientations, open days, parents-teacher conferences
- Ensuring that classwork, homework, weekly plans, curricular materials and announcements are communicated to students and parents in timely and correctly in the appropriate channels
- Participating in the organization of promotional events for the different educational institutions and programs
- Fluency in the English language
- Knowledge of general and subject specific teaching skills and strategies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (English / Education)
- 5+ years of teaching experience
- 2+ years of curriculum development experience
- 2+ years of teacher training experience