Skills And Tools:
The Medical Copywriter holds primary responsibility of general supervision, edits, researches, proofreads, writes and/or assists with editorial development and content management of scientific documents, Medical reports, printed and online marketing communications, as well as, corporate communications. Develops and maintains company wide internal contacts at all levels and external contacts as appropriate content expert. Caduceus Lane is currently hiring for a senior medical copywriter based in Alexandria – Egypt.
- Generating original copy, which require strong and extensive medical knowledge, based on the briefing provided by the sales team and according to the specified target audience;
- Writing creative, catchy, and fitting medical messages and other medical content (depending on the brief’s requirements) that fit digital and/or print materials;
- Formulating audio and video scripts that serve the client’s requirements; and
- Formulating professional medical detail aids, advisory boards, workshops, etc. that fittingly serve the requirements of the clients (mainly pharmaceutical companies and healthcare organizations).
- Edits, researches, proofreads, writes, and/or assists with the editorial development of scientific documents, medical reports, marketing communications and corporate communications including letters, brochures, newsletters, and other components as required.
- Writes, edits, proofreads and/or assists with online content development and advises on usability issues.
- Researches materials for industry-related news, events, and trends.
- Maintains consistent corporate language and design style standards in all published materials and helps document and maintain corporate style standards.
- Interviews and works with individuals in client departments to procure pertinent, accurate information for publication.
- Professional English/Arabic – Arabic/English Scientific, Medical and Corporate Translation
- Reviews copy scheduled for publication for accuracy and update requirements.
- Works within set scheduling and publication deadlines and maintains standards of excellence and accuracy in all writing, editing, and proofreading practices.
- Cross-Functional Coordination across different departments with an integrated shared responsibility with Medical and Marketing Departments.
- Coordinates work projects with design and/or graphic production staff to ensure timely production.
- Assists manager and performs other writing, editing, researching, interviewing, and proofreading for department as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Five (5+) years experience copy-writing/copy editing in Scientific, Medical and Marketing communications or equivalent corporate environments with some experience in business to business.
- Bachelor Degree/Masters in Medicine, Pharmaceuticals or Biotechnology or relevant academic field
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, Marketing communication, and Corporate documents. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of set variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong, demonstrable skills in copy-writing, copy editing, researching, interviewing and proofreading for a wide variety of materials for publication.
- Understanding of and facility with pharmaceuticals industry and medical field, and healthcare concepts and language as well as ability to articulate and/or interpret corporate policy.
- Strong, demonstrable interviewing skills to obtain information for news, feature, medical professionals, industry reports, marketing and advertising copy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, confirmed by personal and professional references.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in virtual teams and Matrix environment
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical industry regulations and policies governing information provision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team orientation and the ability to work closely with cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated ability to confidently interact with external experts
- Self-starter and innovator
- Demonstrated professional and ethical behavior.
- Ability to work independently and ability to travel as per professional requirements
- Fluency in English and Arabic language professional standards is a must
- Outstanding writing skills. Samples are required. A writing test may be administered.
- Prior experience working in the Medical Affairs Corporate function for the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry experience is an asset
- Post Graduation studies in Medical/Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology is a plus
- Strong academic record or Medical Research experience is a plus
- Journalism Studies is a plus
- Content CreatorConfidential Company - Haram, Giza2 days ago
- Regional Medical Concierge Sup...Confidential Company - Alexandria, Egypt8 days ago