Skills And Tools:
About the Project & Startup
The project is a new FinTech startup focused around mobile payments. Our goal is to be the number one mobile payments platform in Egypt and the Middle East. Obviously, there’s more to it than that, but we’re still in stealth mode so you’ll know once we’ve launched (or if you join the team!)
About the Role
We’re looking for an Android engineer with experience in payments or fintech and has a passion for writing working, clean and maintainable iOS code. You’ll be joining a small core team of cross-functional engineers, and soon to be joined by UX designers and product owners. You’ll be working in a squad to deliver the core FinTech product as well as new and exciting features for the application in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Design, build, test and deliver an Android application which will leads the digital payments space in Egypt.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Write clean, beautifully architected, reusable and maintainable Android code using robust software architectural patterns – VIPER, Clean Architecture and MVVM architectural patterns as required in components
- Develop application UI and reusable UI component, including using common UI and Navigation libraries
- Develop Kotlin code (and Java as needed) which integrate with back-end services using our own APIs as well as third party APIs, using Retrofit and a clean networking layer
- Develop code which loads and stores local cache of data using Realm, Room or other data storage and caching libraries
- Write unit tests for all code developed before pushing to code repository and covers all cases
- Ensuring consistent code and best practices shared between Android and iOS code through code reviews with the iOS engineers
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new libraries to maximize development efficiency
- Maintain and update Fastlane DevOps procedure for the Android continuously delivery and integration
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years’ experience developing Android applications
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns and how to write clean code
- Excellent knowledge and proficient in Kotlin and Java Language
- Delivered projects using Kotlin
- Clear understanding of Android’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Android offline storage using Realm and Room
- Excellent understanding of writing code which fails softly and accommodates for proper error handling and logging mechanisms
- Experience working with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services as well as other third-party services
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Ability to create frameworks and SDKs using Kotlin
- Experience of source control system using GIT
- Familiarity with continuous integration, Gitlab CI, YAML and FastLane is a plus
- Up to speed with the latest Android version changes, features and requirements
- Aware and able to quickly find the right libraries and frameworks to achieve tasks quickly and easily without re-inventing the wheel
- Delivered working Android applications on the Play Store
- Understands the different Android screen sizes, and how to accommodate for them from the get-go.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Fast learner, and interested in continuous learning
- Always looking to improve oneself and the quality of work delivered
- Takes responsibility for work and delivers work in a timely manner
- Senior Android DeveloperConfidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo5 days ago
- PHP Software Engineering LeadConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo6 days ago