Skills And Tools:
Compact Engineering Contracting is a construction technology start-up focusing on real estate. We serve as a developer and turnkey general contractor for large-scale developments. Our vision is to leverage our construction technology to create scalable construction operations.
Our ability to move quickly, stay nimble, and embrace change is critical to maintaining that advantage. Our strategy, projects, titles, and focus may change. But what will not change is our speed. Individuals who exhibit and resonate with these values are likely to find success with us.
The compact is seeking a full-time emerging professional Structural Design Engineer to join our office in New Cairo. This is a great opportunity for a passionate structural design engineer to gain experience on projects with a scale that is unmatched. The projects to be designed will cover the whole spectrum - commercial, hotels, residential with varying complexity. We are looking for team players who are excited about working in an innovation-rich construction environment focused on introducing novel approaches to construction.
What does this role involve?
- Carrying out structural Detailed design (under supervision) of elements of buildings / light civil structures in reinforced concrete and structural steel to British and/or American Standards.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a building and design safe and economic structural steel systems for proposed projects.
- Provide structural analysis model using CIS software conforming to the design loads requirements (pressures, loads, stresses, etc.), while considering the seismic and wind parameters.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately while providing analysis reports for the design of structural members
- Set up and execute assigned engineering activities such as detail design, verification, and studies relevant to any engineering topic associated with the discipline, pursuing objectives of design optimization in terms of costs, fabrication simplicity, and safety.
- Prepare design specifications, fabrication, construction, and presentation drawings.
- Assuring the correctness and accuracy of own work and the work allocated and done under his / her supervision to BIM architects.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Manage the technical division and a group of structural steel designers and detailers.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work.
- Produce 3D models consistent with industry guidelines, standards, and practices.
- Ability to clearly annotate, dimension, and detail 2D shop drawings.
- Building datasets that aggregate procurement information for purchasing.
- Understanding and implementing document control procedures for calculations and drawings.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering (structural steel specialization is preferred).
- 4+ years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in Light Gauge Steel system is preferred.
- Proficiency in CIS software's (STAAD, SAP2000 & ETABS)
- Excellent awareness of AISC design requirements, ACI design requirements (for slabs, beams, columns & foundations), and UBC & IBC codes requirements.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem-solve both individually and as a part of a project team and work well under Architects.
- Experienced in the use of architectural production software, including Revit, Sketchup, Navisworks, etc.
- Civil Design EngineerConfidential Company - Mansoura, Dakahlia1 day ago
- Civil EngineerConfidential Company - Beni Suef, Beni Suef10 days ago
- Architect Design EngineerConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo5 days ago