Skills And Tools:
Egypt University of Informatics (EUI), Faculty of Engineering, located at the New Administrative Capital (NAC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy for the academic year 2021/2022.
The Faculty of Engineering at EUI seeks applicants for a full-time position of Assistant Lecturers. The faculty invites candidates to become engaged in an interactive and collaborative teaching environment. Candidates are expected to discuss various ideas, applications and problems, and explain the concepts discussed in lectures, through challenging and motivating students. They are expected to supervise and grade the various projects and assignments that students work on in labs and tutorials.
- The selected candidate will be mainly responsible for teaching Physics courses in Faculty of Engineering and other EUI faculties if needed.
- Conducting tutorials and labs as required by instructor.
- Employing innovative approaches to teaching and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and various teaching practices.
- Interacting with the students during office hours both face-to-face and online using discussion groups and other tools on the LMS.
- The ability to teach practical and theoretical courses both in-class and online.
- Grading assignments, quizzes, lab exams, and midterm exams as required by instructor.
- Participating in academic and exam support duties including proctoring.
- Helping in developing and customizing software systems used in the University.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the upper administration.
- Submitting a yearly progress report with his/her achievements for evaluation.
- Enrollment in a Doctoral Program for Assistants Lecturers is an asset.
- Master’s degree in Physics from a reputable Engineering Faculty (Excellent with honors/ or very good).
- Assistant Lecturers must be graduated in 2014 or after, and must have obtained their masters degree in a related field.
- Excellent command of English language both spoken and written (A Local TOEFL Score of at least 580 or A Computerized TOEFL Score of at least 230 is a plus ).
- Practical and teaching experience (Industrial experience is an asset)
- Enthusiastic and interested in pursuing research and graduate studies.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent computer and programming skills.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork spirit.