Skills And Tools:
We are the Quality Assurance team. We are software testing engineers who execute high-quality tests to refine our wide range of products and services. We look after the quality, usability, and stability of our websites and trading platforms to deliver a world-class experience to our end users.
Founded in 1999, Deriv.com (formerly Binary.com) is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our customers to trade on the world’s financial markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to be the world’s leading online trading service provider.
A career at Deriv.com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
As a Software Tester at Deriv.com, you will engage in quality control throughout the product development lifecycle of all our products, services, and systems. You will help come up with test plans and ensure their execution on each stage, from planning until release. We process over a million transactions per day, and we need you to help deliver the best version of every product, fully optimised, free from bugs, and polished for client utilisation.
What you’ll do
- Perform high-quality automated and manual tests on the Deriv.com website, applications, backend infrastructure, and related systems.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the QA and IT teams to create, design, and run several types of testing based on different objectives.
- Integrate various types of testing into our existing workflows, both internal and external.
- Ensure the integrity of releases by coordinating testing procedures and activities.
- Track and keep a detailed record of every bug that you discover.
- Identify, document, and investigate issues reported by our clients and the Client Support team.
- Replicate reported issues and work w ith our IT teams to find the root cause, understand the problem, and help come up with solutions.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of technical education, training, and work experience
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
- Minimum of two years experience in a software or web application testing role
- Experience in designing and executing test plans (both automated and manual)
- Experience with agile development methods such as Scrum or Kanban
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
- Familiarity with Git
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have
- Experience with Postgres or another RDBMS
- Experience in performance and load testing
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages, preferably Perl, but can also be Python, PHP, C/C++, etc.
What we’ll give you
- Exciting work challenges
- Dynamic collaboration with international teams
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
- Competitive hourly salary in the payment method of your choice