Skills And Tools:
The Mechanical Engineer shall support projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This includes all aspects of the projects including design, analysis, calculations, specifications, and preparation of reports, bill of quantities, and other project documentation. Responsibilities shall include, but may not be limited to:
Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Responsibilities shall include, but may not be limited to:
- All aspects of design work for Mechanical discipline including HVAC design, Water Supply, Drainage, Fire Fighting, LPG Systems, etc.
- All aspects of analysis work required for design reviews and energy auditing including analysis of as-built documentation, energy uses, on-site measurements, energy conservation measures, etc.
- Energy Modelling of buildings and various systems on different modeling software.
- Preparation of design drawings.
- Preparation of bill of quantities.
- Preparation of specification documents.
- Knowledge and use of calculation software.
- Cooling load calculations.
- Material submittal reviews, shop drawings review, on-site meetings, and installation acceptance, etc.
- Any project-specific requirements in relation to mechanical engineering and project management.
- Engineering assistance to various departments.
- Engineering related correspondences.
- Coordination with team members etc. to meet any contingencies / urgent project requirements.
- The Mechanical Engineer shall hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering/Science with preference to Mechanical Engineering, Building Services, or equivalent degrees.
- +1o years of experience in Mechanical engineering or MEP.
- Strong basic Mechanical Engineering skills.
- Knowledge of engineering calculations and is able to use/learn calculation software successfully.
- A strong technical knowledge and design skills and awareness of local & international standards.
- Very strong communication and written skills in English.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to think conceptually and critically.
- The ability to conduct effective design workshops and work successfully as a team member.
- Mep EngineerConfidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo8 hours ago