Skills And Tools:
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Assess and address technical risks.
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- A degree in engineering, computer science or a related field.
- 2+ Years of experience in product management or a related field.
- Max age 30
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Ability to problem-solve under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.