Skills And Tools:
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Ensuring all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
- Research and evaluate potential vendors and supplier
- estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Negotiate appropriate contracts for pricing and supply
- Examine and review products and supplies to ensure quality
- Ensure all deliveries contain all goods requested
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, finance, or related field preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes, policy, and systems
- Two years previous experience as purchasing officer, Specialist, or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to negotiate, establish, and process contracts
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment