Release ManagerPosted 28 days ago
- 0In Consideration
- 0Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
Own the Release Management lifecycle, including scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can consist of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects, and Programs. Where necessary, you'll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all essential project plans, commitments, and changes, including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Responsible for handling the DevOps team to deliver the services on time and manage both IT operations and developers.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities, including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages essential information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- ITILv3 Foundation is required
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Release, Control, and Validation (RCV) or Service Transition (ST) or Operational Supports and Analysis (OSA) is a vital asset.
- A Project management certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Process Owner
- Two years of project management experience (PMP a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Capable of designing and implementing practices, processes, and procedures that effectively utilize people and technology.
- Able to organize people and activities to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness and define metrics to measure process outcomes.
- Excellent communication, teaching, and negotiation skills
- Deep understanding of ITIL approach, principles, and processes
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written)
- Broad understanding of IT technologies and business considerations
- Oracle SCM Technical Consultan...Confidential Company - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia3 days ago