Skills And Tools:
Trufla Technology – Insurtech, Disrupter, Innovator.
Trufla Technology is a Canadian company and the first of its kind – we offer a complete suite of digital solutions for the modern insurance brokerage. From SEO and web design, to lead management, branded customer service, and API’s, Trufla provides a 360° digital strategy for brokerages and reimagines the way their customers interact with insurance.
Trufla is leading a digital revolution that will transform the insurance industry! We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for visionaries to join our team of innovators and disruptors at our Cairo offices.
It’s our goal for Trufla to be the BEST place to work. A great corporate culture is one of our top priorities.
Why Join our Team?
With teams in both Canada and Egypt, you will be working with peers who share your passion and love for innovation, creativity and problem solving
We’ve put together some great benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Transportation Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Health and Wellness Allowance
- Work Remote from Home / Flexible Working Hours
- Continuing Education Opportunities
About our offices:
- New Modern Office
- Central Cairo Location
- Team Building Activities
- Milestone celebrations – work anniversaries, birthday celebrations, etc
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is for our truWeb product team. truWeb is a SAAS Content Management System that is built on a leading open-source platform, but we also manage a real-time quoting system and an AI based predictive quoter as well as help the insurance industry with many other digital initiatives. Our team functions like a fast-paced digital agency but has the focus of a software development company. As part of our distributed and multi-disciplined team, this position will be responsible for leading a team of developers and collaborating closely with other product teams, designers, our QC team as well as account managers and members of the client success team. This role will work closely with the Product Owner on the planning and continued development of our truWeb product. This role will contribute to the growth of the product by delivering on support requirements, implementing new clients on the platform, and building new modules and functionality for the product core.
As Web Development Team Lead, you have proven experience managing a team of developers and have actively participated in developing innovative, CMS-based solutions for customers across a variety of sizes and industries. You've worked closely with scrum masters, business analysts and UX/UI team members to create specifications and make recommendations about the use of new and emerging technologies. You're passionate about bringing ideas to life through technology, and it’s important for you to be a part of a team focused on providing exceptional support to both internal and external customers. You're disciplined, well organized, and able to balance multiple tasks and deadlines for yourself and the team. You are comfortable directing and mentoring the team but will lead by example by jumping in, taking on an active workload where and when needed.
- Manage a team of developers to deliver various projects including client implementations, module development, support tasks and updates to the product core
- Perform team leadership tasks including mentoring developers, performing code reviews, and facilitating collaboration between team members but also spend a portion of your time hands-on coding
- Support the improvement of our development processes and tools to optimize delivery of our truWeb product as well as evaluate, identify and estimate the best technical solutions for our clients
- Work closely with the Product Owner, SCRUM Master, UX/UI and Business Analyst to develop detailed specification documents, with clear project deliverables and timelines
- Work with the Client Success team to build an efficient and profitable model for managing and delivering maintenance and support tickets
- Work with the Lead Generation team to learn and manage the implementation optimizations and updates related to SEO, digital advertising and analytics tracking
- Support the UX process by reviewing and making technology recommendations that consider the user experience, client business objectives and accessibility best practices
- Work closely with the Product Owner to analyze truWeb product processes and performance metrics and continually improve the security, accessibility, and performance of the platform
- Communicate with the SCRUM Master with efficiency and accuracy about project progress and potential delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide a high-value service to our clients
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies, applications, and opportunities to integrate them into existing operations and activities
- Perform 1-on-1 meetings, performance reviews and hiring interviews
- 5+ years of website development experience
- 2+ years of team leadership experience in a distributed environment
- Computer Science degree, or significant equivalent experience
- Proven experience delivering enterprise-level projects based on CMS platforms including WordPress, Drupal and Laravel
- Past leadership and mentoring of developers of all skill levels and encouraging their growth and success
- Demonstrated success in implementing tools, standards and processes to increase productivity and automate repetitive tasks
- Previous participation in requirements gathering, client meetings and providing updates to stakeholders
- Experience iteratively improving a version managed software core while managing implementations, support and maintenance
- Experience developing user-friendly, responsive and appealing websites following modern development standards and workflows
- Strong knowledge of build tools (npm, Gulp or Grunt), version control (Git), Docker, Sass and performance optimizations using tools such as Lighthouse and WebPageTest
- Understanding of semantic markup and experience with accessibility standards such as WCAG and ADA
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Experience working within Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
VALUES & COMPETENCIES
- Critical thinker with strong attention to details
- Flexible and adaptable with proven problem-solving ability
- Positive attitude and high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Strong English written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrate accountability and reliability in the quality and timeliness of work
- Ability to build and lead a high performance team by living up to and encouraging our core values of being Innovative, Connected, Exceptional and Empowered
- Web Developer - AlexandriaConfidential Company - Alexandria, Egypt4 days ago
- Frontend Developer - ReactConfidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo22 hours ago
- Web Developer (Laravel)Confidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo9 days ago
- PHP Web DeveloperConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo2 days ago
- Sr. Front End Developer (Angul...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt10 days ago