Skills And Tools:
IDC is looking for a Research Manager for its Mobile Phones Program, to be based out of Cairo, Egypt. The successful candidate will serve and manage the regional operations as well as support goals and business strategy in Middle East and North Africa regions
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Effectively engage with C-level and senior executives at Telcos, e-commerce and other distributors in the channel.
- Assume ownership of data and provide reviews for Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern markets.
- Independently provide effective responses and solutions to client enquiries and ensure client satisfaction. The role will be assigned to key clients direct from Day 1.
- Remote management of contacts: Build and maintain a network of vendors, channel partners and other technology industry players in the country and the region including traders and re-exporters.
- Contribute to business development by leveraging existing C-level and senior-level industry relationships.
- Conduct primary and secondary research focused in Middle East and Africa for IT devices and technologies including but not limited to: Mobile Phones
- Contribute to custom research engagements, including with other teams within IDC.
- Public speaking and periodic public presentations at IDC events and clients
- Ability to work well under pressure and strictly adhere to deadlines
- Regularly work with quantitative market sizing and forecast tools
- Regularly write insightful reports (including publications and press releases) with ability to draw meaningful conclusions from data.
Travel Requirements: The research manager will be required to travel at least quarterly to cover Middle East countries effectively (including Saudi Arabia).
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in similar industry position or relevant work experience in research in the Middle East;
- Must have knowledge of the mobile phone and/or devices industry experience in telecom operators, mobile phone vendors, channel partners (retailers, distributors, online marketplaces);
- Already established network of contacts within the mobile phone and/or devices industry for Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern markets;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to manage and work with remote teams in matrix organizations;
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently in a results-oriented environment;
- High proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office software packages such as capability to write macros in Excel;
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, Python, R is a plus.
- Media Buyer - (6th of October)Confidential Company - 6th of October, Giza4 days ago
- Pre-press Manager (Designer) -...Cellopack for Packaging Industries - 6th of October, Giza9 days ago
- Marketing Manager - GizaConfidential Company - 6th of October, Giza4 days ago