Microsoft SQL Server Database AdministratorPosted 24 days ago
21Applicants for1 open position
- 9In Consideration
- 3Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
- Designs and documents database architecture.
- Assesses malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of determining
- Appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations.
- Builds database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions.
- Creates, tests, and executes data management languages.
- Develops database utilities and automated reporting.
- Analyzes and sustains capacity and performance requirements.
- Monitors systems and platforms for availability.
- Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Microsoft and SQL servers and
- databases, and information systems for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operations.
- Performs database backups and restorations, and recovers corrupted databases.
- Evaluates and recommend new database technologies.
- Implements and maintains database security and encryption.
- Develops, manages and tests database and information system backup and recovery plans.
- Develops standards and policies for data entry, and ensures compliance.
- Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference,and/or conveying information.
- Prepares and distributes reports, including but not limited to weekly and monthly status reports to the IT Operations Director.
- Attends seminars, conferences, in-service training and staff meetings as required
- Other related duties, as assigned
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
- 5+ years working experience as a Database administrator
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Certified DBA SQL is a must
- ITIL Foundation certified
- 40 hours per week
- Project located in New Cairo