Media Production Facilities ManagerPosted 20 days ago
47Applicants for1 open position
- 1In Consideration
- 0Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The duties below may be assigned as needed, additional responsibilities and back-up support of a comparable nature may be required
- Oversee the floor and the day-to-day operations of The Faculty of Communication and Design (FCAD) – Ryerson Cairo Campus television production spaces, including TV studios and shooting space, field equipment cage, radio and music studios, personal production suits and editing lab.
- Implement studio procedures for the use of TV, Radio and Music Studios and provide field support for The Faculty of Communication and Design (FCAD) – Ryerson Cairo Campus live event coverage.
- Guide & mentor students in the creative production process from single camera to multicamera production and up to the editing and packaging phase.
- Streamline processes between different teams and students to increase reliability.
- Organize weekly meetings with production training staff to align vision and discuss needs and obstacles.
- Set priorities to meet deadlines and produce results among team members and establish overall timing plans through briefing, creative development, and production processes.
- Oversee the training and development of students on the different technical aspects of the cycle in collaboration with the student support staff members
- Foster a spirit of collaboration and teamwork among students and staff
- Update studio schedules and develop road maps for studio work weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- Assist in Implementing emerging new technologies into the studios and labs and work with and train the editorial staff/Students to effectively assist students and faculty to achieve the required outcome.
- Direct in-house resources to ensure the highest level of creative quality while meeting course timelines.
- Document detailed department procedures that clearly represent the overall team workflows.
- Collaborate with the entire team to ensure all resources are managed in a way that meets the faculties strategy and deadlines.
- Ensure that the team fosters a creative spirt while assisting both faculty and staff and offer constructive feedback on any project requiring technical staff support.
- Assists in developing relationships with new resources, talent and technology
- Oversee the operational efficiency of the production facilities and report back on usage rates, capacity, and prioritization of equipment usage.
- Operate and/or set up field and studio cameras, microphones, lighting equipment, and editing systems according to the specs specified by the Operation Director
- Oversee and assist faculty with all technical tasks related to courses, including preparing classrooms & Studios, camera and/or computer use.
- Assist students to accurately and creatively present technical, scientific, and professional subjects and activities through the use of editing techniques, special effects, and motion graphics.
- Provide production support as a crew member during field and studio production.
- Assist in planning, producing, and editing television/web video productions.
- Notify supervisor of the status quo, maintenance and repair needs, inventory and equipment needs.
- Report and remove faulty equipment for repair; oversee basic troubleshooting for all camera/edit equipment
- Assist in annual equipment inventory and record keeping and oversee and review equipment movement.
- Monitor and advise on the implementation of internal covid-19 sanitation policy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Oversee the implementation of the equipment checkout policy in accordance with the rules set by faculty and the Technological operations director.
- Develops and updates user guides, instructional manuals and/or handouts for equipment and procedures.
- Inspects the building and identifies and reports safety, security and operational violations; maintains a complete record of problems, conflicts and incidents; communicates with Security regarding matters of access enforcement and physical plan difficulties.
- BA in Mass Communication
- 10-15 Years’ experience in Media
- Ability to creatively collaborate with others as part of a team and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work well with students.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written in English.
- Strong, independent on the spot problem-solving skills
- High performing self-starter with proven ability to work both independently as well as a member of high performance - output teams in a fast - paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, set and follow priorities, maintain a high level of personal responsibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Broadcast quality field equipment as well as TV & Radio Studio Operation.
- Demonstrated skills in sound production and deep knowledge of audio equipment
- Television and/or video pre-production, production, and post-production methods, practices, and procedures.
- Multi and single camera production and editing workflow.
- Live production skills
- Editing techniques to produce varying effects and messages.
- Proficiency with processes and software used in video editing and motion graphics production
- Have hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively operate associated television and video equipment.
- Awareness of Copyright regulations and privacy laws and media ethics regulations.
- Automotive Production Section ...Confidential Company - Suez, Egypt7 days ago
- Production Manager (Wooden Pro...International Business Systems I.B.S. - Beni Suef, Beni Suef6 days ago
- Production Section HeadConfidential Company - 6th of October, Giza10 days ago
- Media Buyer/Social Media Speci...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt4 days ago