Skills And Tools:
Feed the Future Egypt Rural Agribusiness Strengthening Project (“the Project”) is a five-year USAID-funded activity, supported by the U.S. government’s Feed the Future initiative. The project aims to improve the competitiveness of Egypt’s horticulture producers and related down-stream businesses and food processors. The project promotes a more competitive and inclusive Egyptian economy through growth in selected horticultural sectors with special focus on securing employment and increasing agriculture-related incomes of smallholder farmers. The project will work in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt, and the Nile Delta, through three strategic regional offices in Luxor, Minya and Gharbia, in addition to the main office in Giza. T
The training consultancy assignment is critical toward the overall success of the Project. The consultant will work alongside key project staff, including the Service Provider Linkages Lead, Marketing Lead, Finance Lead, and other component staff to develop several agribusiness and marketing training curriculums that will address critical issues to smallholder farmers, association staff, university graduates, buyers, and input suppliers. The consultant will develop the training material and conduct training programs according to the target groups. The consultant will also support other relevant assignments including but not limited to: conducting marketing and economic studies, and evaluating the feasibility of grant proposals.
ASSIGNMENT DURATION: Maximum of 115 days during 2022.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop highly participatory training material for each marketing and agribusiness topic including but not limited to: marketing skills, negotiation and contracting skills, results-based management, export essentials and e-marketing. The trainer may prepare one or more of the training topics including power point presentation, trainee manual, and trainer manual.
- Provide training to one or more of the Project’s participant target groups in one or more of the topics according to the training plan.
- Follow up the implementation of training recommendations.
- Update training material as needed.
- Provide recommendations for improving the training programs.
- Contribute to the Project’s training plan improvement.
- Conduct value chain analysis and bumpers analysis for the project value chains.
- Conduct business plans for project stakeholders including buyers (exporters, processors and supermarkets) and producer organizations.
- Conduct any other relevant economic and marketing studies.
- Evaluate feasibility and budgeting of the proposals submitted to the project for grant funding.
- Keep the Project’s Business, Market, and Finance Development Specialist updated with the status training programs.
- Training power point presentations
- Trainee manual
- Trainer manual
- Pre- and post-training test
- Report on results of each training
- Studies' reports
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of work experience as a consultant and trainer.
- Experience/ knowledge of the agribusiness environment in Egypt.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Advanced relevant degree, preferably PhD in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness Management
- Previous work experience in development project with small farmers is preferable
- Experience developing training programs/curriculums
- Experience in conducting economic and marketing studies
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION AND DELIVERABLES:
- The consultant will deliver the training and relevant materials in Arabic. Studies might be conducted in both Arabic and English.