Skills And Tools:
Feed the Future Egypt Rural Agribusiness Strengthening Project (“the Project”) is a five-year USAID-funded activity, supported by the U.S. government’s Feed the Future initiative. The project aims to improve the competitiveness of Egypt’s horticulture producers and related down-stream businesses and food processors. The project promotes a more competitive and inclusive Egyptian economy through growth in selected horticultural sectors with special focus on securing employment and increasing agriculture-related incomes of smallholder farmers.
The project will work in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt, and the Nile Delta, through three strategic regional offices in Luxor, Minya and Gharbia, in addition to the main office in Giza
The training consultancy assignment is critical toward the overall success of the Project. The consultant will work alongside key project staff, including the Service Provider Linkages Lead, Marketing Lead, Finance Lead, and other component staff, to develop several soft skills training curriculums that will address issues critical to smallholder farmers, association staff, university and agricultural technical school graduates, buyers, and input suppliers. The consultant will develop the training material and conduct training programs according to target groups.
ASSIGNMENT DURATION: Maximum of 115 days during 2022
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop highly participatory training material for each soft skills topics including but not limited to: communication & personality traits, leadership & teamwork, time management, presentation skills, problem solving & decision making, and report writing. The trainer may prepare one or more of the training topics including power point presentation, trainee's manual, and trainer's manual.
- Provide training to one or more of the Project participant target groups in one or more of the topics according to the training plan.
- Follow up the implementation of training recommendations.
- Update training material as needed.
- Provide recommendations for improving the training programs.
- Contribute to the Project’s training plan improvement.
- Keep the Project’s Business, Market, and Finance Development Specialist updated with the status training programs.
- Training power point presentations
- Trainee manual
- Trainer manual
- Pre- and post-training test
- Report on results of each training
- At least 5 years of work experience as trainers and workshop facilitator
- Experience/ knowledge of the agribusiness environment in Upper Egypt
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Previous work experience with development projects & small farmers is preferable
- Experience developing training programs/curriculums
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION AND HANDOUTS:
- The consultant will deliver the training in Arabic. Handouts and training material, presentations and exercises will be in Arabic.
- OD & Training SpecialistConfidential Company - 10th of Ramadan City, Cairo8 days ago