Skills And Tools:
Feed the Future Egypt Rural Agribusiness Strengthening Project (“the Project”) is a five-year USAID-funded activity, supported by the U.S. government’s Feed the Future initiative. The project aims to improve the competitiveness of Egypt’s horticulture producers and related down-stream businesses and food processors. The project promotes a more competitive and inclusive Egyptian economy through growth in selected horticultural sectors with special focus on securing employment and increasing agriculture-related incomes of smallholder farmers. The project will work in greater Cairo, Upper Egypt, and the Nile Delta, through three strategic regional offices in Luxor, Minya and Gharbia, in addition to the main office in Cairo. The project’s implementation period is from August 1, 2018 to July 31, 2023.
The training consultancy assignment is critical toward the overall success of the Project. The consultant will work alongside key project staff, including the Internship Program Manager, and other project staff, to provide information and guidance about career choice, employment opportunities and job application process to University/Agricultural Technical Schools students and recent graduates to help them making decisions about their future careers. The consultant might be required to travel to different governorates, where the project implements its activities.
ASSIGNMENT DURATION: Maximum of 70 days during 1 Jan 23 - 31 July 23
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide training to Project participant target groups according to the training plan.
- Update training material as needed.
- Helping target groups to understand the current job market
- Assist in organizing job fairs, career awareness programs, and other career specific workshops and events.
- Providing advice on CVs applications and interview techniques
- Informing target groups about potential shortcomings in their skill sets and devising strategies to remedy these.
- Training power point presentations – provided before each training
- Pre- and post-training tests – completed for each training
- Training report – completed for each training
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of work experience as trainers/instructor and workshop facilitator
- Knowledge of the agribusiness environment
- Strong communication, observational and listening skills
- Advanced relevant degree
- Experience training university/ATS students and graduates is preferable
- The Ability to motivate and rapport with people