Skills And Tools:
- Review business/software requirements and provide required inputs such as requirement testability, test cases, etc...
- Participate in test plan creation with test lead/manager.
- Participate in building and maintaining the test environment.
- Attend the session(s) of software orientation and provide inputs and feedback.
- Prepare test cases, test scripts, and test data for different test types and levels.
- Execute tests (manual/automated).
- Perform regression testing of new and existing solutions to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
- Report defects and track them till closure.
- Communicate the defects to the development team in a proper way.
- Analyze test results and track software testing metrics.
- Prepare and present test reports.
- Train, mentor, and supervise junior software engineers.
- Participate in defects reviews that are produced by the testing team.
- Participate in test cases review of the testing team.
- Participate in defects meeting between testing and development teams.
- Participate in test closure activities.
- Assist in creating the solutions’ manuals.
- Computer science degree (Or an IT-related field or similar).
- 3+ years of experience as a software tester performing functional and non-functional testing, integration testing, and regression testing.
- Experience in preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports, and progress updates.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing principles, testing processes, and methodologies.
- A deep understanding of the software development process.
- Experience in writing complex DB queries.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- Time management skills – able to work to tight deadlines or changing priorities.
- A self-starter - able to work as both an individual and as part of a wider team.
- Proactive - constantly striving for better.
- Ambitious – setting the bar for quality.