Skills And Tools:
We are looking for artistic, detail-oriented candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of an FF&E designer.
- Undertake design project from concept to completion.
- Interpret and translate client needs into rough plans.
- Create 'mood boards' to sample your design vision, ensuring the format is compatible with company’s and client standards.
- Prepare selection and presentation of artwork and accessories if required.
- Prepare schemes-Boards including furniture color palette, fabrics, painting and flooring samples.
- Define project requirements and schedule during the “brief”.
- Set costs, project fees and B.O.Q according to budget.
- Research and Source materials and products included in plans.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Participate in presentations as needed.
- Develop FF&E specification documentation.
- Work closely with the purchasing team to release orders, ensure inventory, and negotiate costs.
- Work closely with designers, vendors, architects and constructors.
- Review shop drawings and follow up on all manufactured items to ensure level and quality of finishes.
- Supervise work progress
- Attend the purchase process for the main items in order to guarantee purchases & selection criteria are met.
- Attend site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements).
- Keep up to date with industry developments, products, and trends, for continued professional development.
- Find new vendors and attend new store openings to multiple vendors for competitive pricing and timelines.
- Update the FF&E library.
- Bachelor's degree in interior design or in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in interior design or in similar field.
- Very good portfolio of previous works, proven working experience in decorating interior spaces.
- Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
- Expertise in layout, color, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and all installations.
- A good knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop and PowerPoint is desirable.
- Very good communication and presentation skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
- Project management skills.