Skills And Tools:
Customs Clearance Specialist Should prepare customs documentation and ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods
- Follow up with the shipping company till the date of arrival of the group's shipping order and ensure actual arrival through electronic monitoring.
- Follow up, urge and ensure the receiving of shipments documents from various departments in the group before the arrival of shipments to the ports to avoid fines.
- Follow up delivery of documents to the clearance companies and make sure all the documentation is completed to reduce the release time.
- Follow-up clearance company through the stages of disclosure, valuation and overcome the obstacles, if any, either direct contact with staff or customs employees at the customs sites to ensure clearance contract points are covered and clearance number of days are met.
- Review customs items for authenticity and the application for amendment with Customs if any difference occurred.
- Receive clearance bills, review and amendment request clearance from the company if needed and complete all sector signatures and deliver it to financial department.
- Prepare reports related to shipping orders under clearance to other departments to determine their status
- Send the cost of the shipments to the costing department at time of shipment releasing before arrival to the warehouse.
- Communicate with warehousing department to know if there is any shortage or damage and calculate the cost and charge it to the service provider who caused this damage or loss.
- Deal with governmental authorities (Airport customs, Alexandria customs and Imports & exports organization).
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Special Certification or Training Required: Customs Certificate, is an asset
- Required Industry Experience: 3-5 Years
- Technological Requirements: Full Knowledge of HS Codes (
- Language Requirements: English