Skills And Tools:
- Manage SQL Server databases.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Monitor system's health and performance.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time.
- Provide suggestions for solutions.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers, and multimedia programmers.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- 2 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role.
- 2 years of experience with MY SQL Server Administration experience are required.
- 2 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO).
- 2 years of experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- 2 years of experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- 2 years of experience with Windows servers, including Active Directory.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- MCTS, CCNA , certifications a plus.