- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- Technical sales support engineers are often the first points of contact with new clients. They are expected to answer all questions or concerns a client may have while working to increase the client's loyalty to the product or brand.
- Technical sales support engineers generally have an on-site office while sometimes traveling to meet clients or to other particular locations; travel may be part of the specialist's job as well.
- As a technical sales support engineer, you'll use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
- You'll assist colleagues with bids and tenders for new clients from a technical perspective (The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service).
- Technical sales support engineers will work closely with other teams like; sales and product management teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical advice and support about products.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm (They are often the key point of contact for clients, answering queries, providing technical advice and introducing new products).
- Study & finalize all the technicality part of all projects & tenders, also preparing all technical offers & submittal.
- Provide complete turnkey solutions including the supply, installation, maintenance and after sales services for our products.
- Technical backbone for all in-hand projects.
- Provide customers with ‘proof-of-concept’ which validates the technology and ensure the purchase of the proposed solution and services.
- Helping for installing and making demos for customers.
- Acting as Project Manager for all unified communications projects.
- Providing product education and advice.
- Provides coaching and professional development to the sales team in order to enhance their product knowledge and technical sales skills.
- Responsible for staying on competitive analysis and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Translate business requirements into technical realities, highlighting technical risks.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, Product demonstrations, and RFI’s/RFP’s if required.
- Help project owners by reviewing bids, FRS and SOW documents and taking strategic decision.
- Calculate client quotations.
- Arrange and carry out product training.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs.
- Help in the design of custom-made products.