- Experience Needed:
- 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
7,000 to 8,000 EGP per month
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Females Only
About the Job
What are women and girls safe spaces?
A safe space is a formal or informal place where women and girls feel physically and emotionally safe. The term ‘safe,’ in the present context, refers to the absence of trauma, excessive stress, violence (or fear of violence), or abuse. It is a space where women and girls, being the intended beneficiaries, feel comfortable and enjoy the freedom to express themselves without the fear of judgment or harm. The key objectives of a safe space are to provide an area where women and girls can: Socialize and re-build their social networks; Receive social support; Acquire contextually relevant skills; Access safe and non-stigmatizing multi-sectorial GBV response services (psychosocial, legal, medical); Receive information on issues relating to women’s rights, health, and services.
Job Responsibility :
1 Coordination with Upper Management
- Close coordination and cooperation with the managerial staff on central level
- Close cooperation with other Safe Space managers to coordinate the set programs
- Maintain regular contact with department heads to ensure smooth collaboration
2 Close Supervision on the Safe Spaces staff
- Oversee the work of the ten Safe Spaces employees.
- Oversee the work of the three case workers.
- Ensure provision of quality case management and psychosocial activities in all locations
- Ensure that all the services offered are in compliance with International and internal standards and tools.
- Organize regular meetings with the Safe Spaces staff to oversee the weekly and monthly work plans.
- Support the implementation and rolling out of work plan when needed.
- Assess and evaluate regularly the effectiveness and efficiency of the implemented work.
3 Monitoring & Reporting:
- Prepare and submit the work plans in a timely manner.
- Liaise with operation and quality advisors to integrate quality control recommendations when appropriate.
- Receive, review, analyze and compile reports received from Case Workers in close coordination with the operation manager.
- Provide on the job coaching to the Case Workers.
- Organize internal monthly team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager.
- As requested undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government.
About this Company
Arab Medical Union (AMU) is one of the leading humanitarian and development organization in Egypt and the Middle East. It is also one of the members of the Global Health Cluster organizations. AMU has successful records of accomplishment in conducting development and...
See all Careers and Jobs at Arab Medical Union