This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
2,500 to 3,500 EGP per month
- Females Only
About the Job
- What are women and girls safe spaces?
A safe space is a formal or informal place where women and girls feel physically and emotionally safe.
The term ‘safe,’ in the present context, refers to the absence of trauma, excessive stress, violence (or fear of violence), or abuse. It is a space where women and girls, being the intended beneficiaries, feel comfortable and enjoy the freedom to express themselves without the fear of judgment or harm. The key objectives of a safe space are to provide an area where women and girls can: Socialize and re-build their social networks; Receive social support; Acquire contextually relevant skills; Access safe and non-stigmatizing multi-sectoral GBV response services (psychosocial, legal, medical); Receive information on issues relating to women’s rights, health, and services.
Job Description :
- Detects and admits new cases by reviewing records and applications
- Determines community requirements by completing intake interviews
- Determining need for therapeutic, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations
- Reviewing therapist evaluations, treatment objectives, and action plans.
- Establishes rehabilitation programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided
- Arranging with other organizations, including transportation and escort.
- Monitors cases by verifying attendance; observing and evaluating compliance and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintains cases' records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
- Improves staff competence by providing educational resources; balancing work requirements with learning opportunities; evaluating the application of learning to changes in rehabilitation results.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing rehabilitation and results data and trends; compiling statistics; completing grant and subsidy applications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative field
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor of Social Work Social Sciences
- Fair level in English language and the duty station’s language, Arabic.
- High and effective communication skills.
- High Leadership &Management skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Team building skills.
About this Company
Arab Medical Union (AMU) is one of the leading humanitarian and development organization in Egypt and the Middle East. It is also one of the members of the Global Health Cluster organizations. AMU has successful records of accomplishment in conducting development and...
See all Careers and Jobs at Arab Medical Union