- Experience Needed:
5 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
About the Role
You are responsible to plan, implement Com-In related projects mainly in the showroom, but also at the entrance, IKEA restaurant and all SSA. Through the projects done by the team, the Scandinavian identity of the company is conveyed, as well as the IKEA product range and the IKEA business idea is communicated to customers to achieve the commercial goals of the business.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Responsible for designing room setting for the store. The various parameters that team has to take into account in designing the room sets include the brief relating to the “style group” and “Living Situation” as well as the sales priorities regarding articles that need to be focused on.
- Prepare a balance roomsetting matrix putting into consideration living situation, style expression, thermometer & commercial aspects
- Develop the set right from the floor plan drawn to scale, deciding on interiors and upon receiving approval from the Com-In Manager and the Sales Manager, building the set with Assistance of carpenters.
- Knowledgeable about current market trends, fashion and social trends relating to home furnishing and interior designs.
- Ensure that the room setting are maintained in an “as new” condition all the time. To meet this objective, the team is required to make daily checks of the rooms and carry out regular maintenance work. The room setting should always reflect the standard set by IKEA for display
- Design and implements the changes in the restaurant interiors as and as per business calendar agreement and with agreement with Store Manager and the Restaurant Manager when required
- Design and makes changes in the office interiors as and when required also according to the business calendar and commercial calendar. The primary idea is to make the work area a pleasant environment for the staff and representative of the IKEA way.
- Aligned with the different activities and launches in line with business and commercial calendar and aligned with Activity leader
- Changes are done to highlight the new or the activity related articles that the sales want to push, or even in case of giving boost to products that are not performing well and need to be displayed in an inspirational way
- Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store
People Management and Development
- Ensure that all Interior designers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment, so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Make sure all IDs have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Be involved in the recruitment of the interior designers; ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
- Coach one ID to be become their successor
5 to 7 years
You have the ability to prioritise and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Designing, Architecture, Product Design, Applied Arts or Fine Arts
- 5 - 7 years’ experience within the Communication & Interior Design department in one or more IKEA stores or relevant experience in Interior Design firm
- Proficient in Autocad, Sketchup and Revit
- Deep interest in and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live
- Project management and store layout experience
- Knowledge about IKEA store equipment
- Creative, commercial and visual expert
- Knowing trends and understanding local market
- Functional thinking, Independent, confident and creative
- Strong leadership skills and can manage the ID team
About this Company
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company...
See all Careers and Jobs at Al Futtaim