- Experience Needed:
More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time Work From Home
About the Job
Are you dedicated to building the best possible product and taking responsibility for the quality, stability and performance of our platform? Then this role is for you.
We are looking for someone who is both strategic and enjoys to get their hands' dirty writing test cases. As our first in house tester, you will be required to take control of testing from our coders and develop a stable continuous integration testing framework.
Your work will directly impact our customers' experience and allow Zealous to move away from bi-monthly manual deployments to continuous integration.
Reporting directly to the Head of Development as part of our development team in Egypt (currently working from home), you will:
- Recommend and integrate new testing tools/frameworks to increase our productivity and coverage (e.g. Selenium, Jmeter, Cucumber).
- Be responsible for developing, running and optimising all of our test automation suites, systems, and scripts.
- Develop effective strategies and test plans to maximise coverage based on our existing product and future developments.
- Write all automated test cases and test data.
- Report defects and establish their severity and priority. (e.g. JIRA).
- Conduct manual post-release/ post-implementation and regression testing as we build towards a fully automated test suite.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Develop a strong understanding of our user requirements, stories and testing objectives, priorities, and challenges to assure the quality of the product.
- Investigate product quality to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Suggest solutions to problems.
- Dip your toes into performance, accessibility and security testing.
Your role grows as we grow. As our first tester, you will be building the infrastructure and best practice which will extend to any new QA hires.
More than 7 years
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 7+ years of experience in a similar QA or Development role.
- Excellent knowledge of automated testing tools such as Selenium, Cucumber and Mockito.
- Solid experience of writing automated test cases and test data with tools such as JUnit and Mockito.
- Proven experience in setting up and running continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and Maven...
- Understanding of software quality metrics and tools like Sonar.
- Advanced knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices.
- Strong experience with Agile methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of API Testing.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Aware of Software Development Lifecycle tools i.e. (Jira).
- Experience in performance and security testing a plus.
We also expect you to:
- Be curious and continuously learning.
- Be organised and attentive to details.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Love what you do.
Should you be successful, we will require the phone numbers of two professional references.
About this Company
Zealous was born out of that need to support creativity. That’s why we built a single online location from which you can source talent, no matter the project. For creatives, this means quick access to a steady flow of opportunities based on their portfolios. For those seeking...
See all Careers and Jobs at Zealous Solutions Ltd.