- Experience Needed:
More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As a member of a cross-functional design team at BE-STEAM, You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define the user experience.
Determine Design Requirements
- Before beginning a design, Product Design Engineers consult with the client to determine what their requirements are. They do research on the ways a particular product may be used and who the target audience will be.
Design New Products
- The design of a new product begins with the Product Design Engineers sketching out ideas. They may then turn these into computer renderings, and use Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software to build virtual models of the design. Next, they will build physical prototypes of the models.
Determine Manufacturing Requirements
- Once a model is ready, the Product Design Engineer works with other specialists to determine what materials and manufacturing requirements will be needed to produce the product.
- They work with vendors to develop the manufacturing processes that will be required and interact with the operations teams to develop the necessary supply chains.
- Product Design Engineers need to work out what production costs will be and evaluate whether their design can be produced for a reasonable cost and effort.
- They may also plan marketing initiatives for the product.
Evaluate Product and Seek Feedback
- Product Design Engineers are responsible for evaluating the new product to determine if it is safe, attractive, and functional.
- They conduct tests and analyze data generated from builds and lab experiments. They then present their designs, prototypes, and estimated costs to the client for approval, and incorporate any feedback on the design.
More than 5 years