Skills And Tools:
The Test Manager will have a wide range of job responsibilities, as he/she has to take any action needed to meet the quality goals.
The Scope of Responsibilities for this role will be:
- Leadership – provide leadership and direction to the Testing Team.
- Testing – identify and meet testing demands including (but not limited to) - defining and maintaining test strategies and plans.
- Delivery & Quality Management – responsible for leading the team and supporting assigned work packages to deliver work to agreed timescales and quality.
- Performance Management & Improvement – Contribute to the continual improvement of testing team and methods.
- Processes and Tools – promoting & enforcing the effective use of processes and tools within the teams and assigned work packages; proactively recommending improvements and new approaches.
- Technical & Business Domain Knowledge – maintains an understanding of the business domains covered by the applications under test, reflected in deep understanding of its functional and non-functional requirements and the ability to comfortably use its business terms. As well as the understanding of applications architecture and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of the current industry-wide testing techniques, approaches, tools, and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of functional and non-functional testing;
- Profound coding and test automation skills.
- Project management skills including effective communication between the team and client – close collaboration with other roles and stakeholders, good project planning, task, and people coordination.
- Experienced software analysis and design.
- Experience and knowledge of software development processes and tools.
- Experience in automation testing to define which cases will benefit from this approach and where it’s better to test without spending time on automating.
- The ability to acquire profound understanding of the business areas and the client’s requirements in a reasonable time, to be able to determine a test strategy, test goals, and objectives.
- A previous technical software development role would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of an Agile Development Methodology would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of DevOps set of practices would be an advantage.