- Experience Needed:
1 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Le Garage is the first online auction house in Egypt, we are the market leader and the pioneer of this industry here in Egypt, as part of our job we need people who can examine, inspect and search for the products we receive from our client to create the specifications and the description for them to be displayed on our daily online auctions.
- The role of Product specification researcher is to provide customers with an interesting and varied information about collection of pieces of art or aesthetically attractive items which they will desire.These items are often used for furnishing homes and interiors, or for adding to collections of objects which individuals are concerned with.
- Inspect items to determine the materials and their condition.
- Write a precise description on the products provided.
- Making a proper research on each and every product to get the required information using all the research channels provided either through the books available at our library or through the Internet.
- Valuing and evaluating the goods for sale according to a market research.
- Differentiate between original pieces and fake ones.
- Get all the physical information of the piece and record them like weight and dimensions.
- Do the required tests to identify the material's quality.
- Reply to customers' technical inquiries on time.
- The area knowledge of the items which have to be researched are (historic furniture - lighting units - Jewelry& Gemstones - Silver - stamps & old money - watches & clocks - fine art - books & manuscripts - collectibles - home accessories - fabric & rugs) and the preferred candidate who has the most number of those topics.
1 to 7 years
As Product specification researcher, he/she should have a good knowledge of antiques, history and arts. Adding to that he/she should possess an excellent research skill and knows well how to use the extensive research tools to acquire the required information he/she looking for and demonstrate it in an attractive way to the description provided for the concerned customer.
If you possess such knowledge and skills feel free to apply!
- A keen eye for valuable items and aesthetics.
- Attention to detail.
- A course or a degree on arts (Advantage)
- Thorough knowledge of market prices.
- Motivation to work independently or in team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research skill.
About this Company
Le Garage is a startup company founded in July 2011.
See all Careers and Jobs at Le Garage Gallery
At that time and till mid of 2015 it was specialized in selling fine arts and antiques pieces to the Egyptian market via our Facebook page.
We were from the pioneers to sell antiques and old stuff...