- Experience Needed:
More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
OSS / On Site Services is looking for a motivated, experienced and skilled Gas Specialist with expertise in repairing power generation equipment. You will have leadership skills and a desire to learn and grow in this ever-evolving industry. You should have knowledge of GE, Alstom or similar other OEM power generation equipment and experience with welding, and operation of large portable lathes, boring bars, drills, laser/optical alignment kits and mills.
Essential Responsibilities:The general tasks and responsibilities of a Gas Specialist includes, but not limited to the following:
- Lead and supervise repair jobs at Customer sites and act as the representative of OSS in front of the customer (internal and external) to ensure safe, quality and timely completion of work.
- Supervise the operation of a Boring Bar, CNC, Lathe and Milling Machine.
- Supervise the maintenance of clean work areas, tooling and equipment.
- Support OSS Service Manager (SM) for on-site repairs.
- Execute assignments according to GE EHS and Quality requirements & ensure rules are understood by the crew prior to the start of work.
- Complete all pre-job planning and post job reporting required, fulfilling the needs of the customer as assigned including machine and tooling preparation, ordering parts and supplies.
- Hold daily Tool Box talks with the crew to address any safety issues that may arise & ensure that EHS & Quality activities are well documented.
- Provide technical and EHS direction to those performing the work on Customer sites.
- Special duties can include but not be limited to: projects as assigned by management, development of innovative service offerings, delivery of training, and drive safety, quality, and customer-centric culture.
- Provide OSS progress reports to internal customer team and OSS Service Manager.
- Mentor and develop OSS technicians on the job.
More than 10 years
- 10 years experience as a Gas Specialist on power generation equipment particularly with machining scopes.
- Strong knowledge in GT/ST casing alignment, diaphragm repairs, seal machining, casing machining, ST bucket change out and generator machining scopes.
- Strong knowledge of GE/Alstom and oOEM Turbines.
- Ability to work according to a time schedule and meet deadlines accordingly.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle complex work-packages.
- Ability to work in different countries and cultures.
- Able to understand/read technical work instructions in English.
- Able to communicate in English.
- Good negotiation and communications skills.
- Willing to train other persons according to the requirements (OJT).
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and work in a team of Onsite Service Crew.
- Work effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel for work globally on short notice and for extended periods of time, including weekends and holidays. This position requires 70 – 80% travel.
- Commitment to environmental health and safety.
- Commitment to integrity.
- High degree of experience / expertise with machining and repair of power generation Turbine equipment repairs.
- Experience with developing work instructions and leading machinists on site.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications in standard and metric dimensions.
- Competent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with and earn and maintain the respect of our customers.
- Strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn and adapt.
- Able to cope with emergent request and respond fast.
- Demonstrated self-starter and change agent.
- Skilled in MS Suite, including Outlook and Schedule.
About this Company
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
See all Careers and Jobs at General Electric