- Experience Needed:
More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The main purpose of this role is to lead teaching, curriculum development, and course management supporting the School’s activities in Electrical and Electronics engineering and related disciplines.
In future this role will also be expected to engage actively in research and income generation in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, with focus on Power & Energy.
All role holders at this level will have a national reputation in their field which they will continue to develop. They will contribute to a combination of teaching and/or scholarship and/or research and/or enterprise, along with academic leadership and management. Typically, the role will incorporate at least two areas of focus. The balance between these activities will vary substantially depending upon the subject area/field, role holder’s experience and the institutional needs. The post holder will be expected to develop new concepts, ideas and collaborations at an institutional and national level. They will develop and win funding for innovative research and/or teaching development and/or commercial activity. They will contribute to a global academic community driven by international scholarly activity, international knowledge generation, knowledge exchange, networking, partnerships and collaboration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take responsibility for the development and delivery of teaching, learning and assessment. This can include substantial responsibility for the design, enhancement and organization of teaching and learning, for curriculum development, or for the student experience more broadly e.g. as year tutor or course tutor.
- To demonstrate innovative approaches to teaching learning and assessment and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
- To ensure that the teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To ensure that students have an effective learning experience by providing high-quality academic guidance and advice, which enhances their employability.
- To reflect critically on teaching practice, implement improvements, disseminate good practice effectively to others, contribute to quality monitoring and enhancement and to professional accreditation processes as required.
- To undertake work with a range of external partners and professional bodies/agencies in Egypt and overseas.
- To contribute to the promotion and external profile of the University and adopt a customer/client-focused approach where appropriate.
- To work effectively as a team member, chairing committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
- To undertake professional development in support of teaching and research, and if appropriate in support of student welfare and curriculum management.
- (In future/at a later point) To undertake research, as appropriate through a range of approaches:
- contributing actively to Research Centres or communities of practice internally and/or externally
- making a substantial contribution to bids and tenders for external projects or contracts
- making a substantial contribution to delivery of externally-funded projects or contracts
- disseminating research outputs using a range of media. e.g. academic publications, external reports, conference presentations, short courses for knowledge transfer, exhibitions, performances
- developing external networks nationally and/or internationally
- supervising research students
AND such other duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Education Higher Education
- Education/ Qualifications:
- A good Honours Degree in an appropriate Engineering subject (and/or Masters degree).
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of academic theory and/or practice in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- PhD in an appropriate subject
- Or (if from professional practice background) a good Honours Degree and (and/or Masters degree) and appropriate professional qualifications and/or membership and/or equivalent professional qualifications that might be considered as equivalent to a PhD.
- Active membership or fellowship of a professional body
- Recognized teaching qualification
- HEA Accreditation
- Recent teaching experience at higher education level with evidence of successful student learning outcomes
- Evidence of good/innovative pedagogic practice
- Or (If from Professional practice background) evidence of high-quality presentation skills, and evidence of coaching, or mentoring and teaching other professionals.
- Evidence of contribution to the wider student experience e.g. in recruitment/retention initiatives, in employability/ enterprise initiatives, student welfare.
- Experience of course design in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and related areas problems, with associated reports or other outputs
Job-related skills and capabilities:
- Willingness to undertake a teaching qualification (if not already qualified)
- Proficiency in the area of electrical and electronics engineering with focus on power and energy,
- Ability to work independently, to take the initiative, and to innovate
- Ability to identify and secure opportunities for the development of the School/University
- Commitment to delivering high-quality services to students and external clients
- Good organizational and management skills
- Ability to demonstrate adherence to regulations regarding ethics, governance, social responsibility, legal requirements, IPR, copyright, attribution and co-authorship, and appropriate practice
- Ability to support the development and delivery of professional learning and development programs and contribute to other commercial activity associated with teaching,
- Ability to develop and maintain successful external and internal networks to seed relationships for future business collaborations,
- Ability to contribute to the development and delivery of transnational education partnerships and international commercial projects
- A demonstrable appreciation of other cultures; the global reach of the University and its International agenda
- Good organizational skills
- A suitable level of proficiency in ICT and understanding of its application to teaching, learning, and research
About this Company
Building its presence in Egypt and the region on three main pillars: Innovation, Inclusivity and Accessibility
See all Careers and Jobs at El Sewedy Education
Extending its reach beyond Egypt into Africa, the Middle East and neighboring countries
Will create a sustainable world-class model of knowledge and...