- Experience Needed:
More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
To lead, develop and inspire a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers in creating exciting range presentation solutions that provide an easy and convenient shopping experience and increase vitality thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the home furnishing specialist and the IKEA store as an up-to-date and innovative destination that always offers something new.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Lead and manage a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store.
- Responsible for gathering and translating knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market into relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions that support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Lead a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity Co-workers in creating relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet many individual tastes and exceed visitor's expectations.
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable about retailing, home furnishing and trends in order to support the Com&In manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- Responsible for the recruitment and competence development of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and securing personal succession planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
- Provide active support in developing the department action plan using layout as a commercial tool as well as range presentation and vitality initiatives that are focused on growing the business and supporting long-term profitability and execute agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
- Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and ensure the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers understand the impact of Com&In actions on the financial result.
- Ensure that Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers base their work on the layout as a commercial tool and execute range presentation solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency by applying national directions and using global tools and best practices.
- Ensure the team always keep visitors in mind, minimise disruption and communicate changes when working on the shop floor.
- Actively contribute in the national Visual Merchandising/Activity Managers network and share national directions and global tools with the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers in the stores.
More than 3 years
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...